Area Sales Manager
- Full Time
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales of Quickgrind and associated companies to the existing and future customer base. This encompasses both local and international accounts where applicable. This role manages all aspects of the sales process, including prospecting, lead management, qualification, product demonstrations, evaluation, close and account care. This is a quota‐carrying sales position that plays an integral role in the success of overall sales and a great opportunity to develop existing relationships with a variety of different customers.
- Location: Midlands, UK
- Working Week: Monday-Friday
- Duration: Full time
- Competitive salary and bonus incentive
- Business mileage is paid as per standard HMRC rates.
- Provision of company mobile and laptop.
- Company Van or Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 22x days holiday plus statutory
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Define and execute company sales strategy through account/territory plans and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities.
- Responsible for managing and developing the integration of products and services available to produce a coordinated sales strategy to maximise the potential of securing significant accounts on a national/international basis.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline – prospect and assess new sales potential while moving a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Coordinate sales resources from all group companies throughout the sales cycle, including support and applications.
- Provide initial product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers
- Provide regular reporting
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and product range.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff.
- Participate in company‐growth activities, including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced sales environment.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Full UK driving license.
The area sales manager should bring along 8+ years of proven successful territory or regional sales experience from a manufacturing-focused sales environment. Prior industry-related sales experience in cutting tools is a requirement. Top performance in this role requires a results-oriented, self-directed sales professional with technical aptitude and a proactive, consultative, solution-oriented approach and ability to adapt to various scenarios and situations to support customer requirements.
We will offer you
– The opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our business performance.
– The opportunity to be part of an ambitious and driven team in an industry-leading business.
– The opportunity for growth and progression
– Ongoing development and training.
– An excellent comprehensive compensation package
Quickgrind is a privately owned 50-year-old UK manufacturer and supplier of carbide cutting tools to the aerospace, automotive, mold and die, medical and many other industries. We supply our tooling worldwide into over 40 countries and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Our skills, knowledge, products, and solutions solve engineering challenges across many sectors. We pride ourselves on our many years of technical knowledge, fast turnaround of bespoke tooling, and the ability to do what others can’t do. Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement and Innovation are at the heart of what we do.
"*" indicates required fields