Customer Support Assistant
- APPLY NOW
The Customer Support Assistant role is responsible for several critical areas within the business. The primary duty is the management of customer satisfaction by ensuring all the dealings with Quickgrind are professional and enjoyable and that they receive the correct tools, at the correct price as fast as possible and also to maximise sales for the company by ensuring customers are fully aware of all our product and service offerings at every opportunity. The role is very varied and would best suit someone who demonstrates ownership and management of many tasks at one time. Must be detail orientated and willing to show initiative and get involved in multiple areas within the business.
- Competitive salary and bonus incentive
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 22x days holiday plus statutory
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance programme
Order Processing and Customer Support:
- Telephone customers and prospects on a regular basis and record fully the conversations.
- Maintain accurate customer records and keep them up to date.
- Deal with customer enquiries via phone, email, and online chat.
- Confirm and process orders received. Raise invoices.
- Drive exceptional customer experience.
- Progress chase and actively keep customers appraised of status of their orders.
- Keep manager / MD appraised of any customer situations.
- Prepare reports and provide support for sales team and management as required.
- Support team with vendor/supplier setup.
- Maintain, manage and re-order factory and office supplies.
- Any other duties required but not specified to excel customer experience.
Import & Export / Shipping / Dispatch:
- Arrange, co-ordinate and process UK and international shipping.
- Prepare import clearance instructions for incoming material shipments.
- Maintain Inward Processing Relief documentation to maintain accreditation and accurate records.
- Assisting stores department with packaging or dispatch duties as required.
- Answering the office telephone and transferring calls as required.
- Dealing with and directing online chat enquiries.
- Assisting with customer queries.
- Completing vendor setup documentation.
- Management and maintenance of general office area.
- Maintain appropriate levels of office materials.
- Working closely with the Maintenance Manager to support as required.
The Customer Support Assistant should ideally bring minimum 2yrs of proven success, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Prior knowledge and interest of tooling is not required, but would be advantageous. To be successful when applying for this role you will need the following skills and attributes:
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills to deal with different clients and departments in the organisation.
- The ability to meet deadlines and targets. Multitasking and time management skills to manage multiple clients and tasks at the same time.
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills. A proactive approach to all tasks.
- Build strong relationships with clients to maintain business and to acquire new customers.
- Experience implementing new processes and procedures to increase efficiency would be beneficial.
- Previous experience using Netsuite would be advantageous but not required.
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious and driven team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity for growth and progression
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package
Quickgrind is a privately owned 50-year-old UK manufacturer and supplier of carbide cutting tools to the aerospace, automotive, mould and die, medical and many other industries. We supply our tooling worldwide into over 40 countries and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Our skills, knowledge, products, and solutions solve engineering challenges across many sectors. We pride ourselves on our many years of technical knowledge, fast turnaround of bespoke tooling, and the ability to do what others can’t do. Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement and Innovation are at the heart of what we do.
How to Apply
Interested in the challenge? Please apply online below or send your CV to [email protected]
"*" indicates required fields